|   Home   |   The Studio    |   Studio Stories    |   Pilates Press    |   Health & Wellness    |   Nutrition   |

Thursday 9 October 2014

DEMI MOORE'S AGE-DEFYING BODY due to PILATES & A VEGAN LIFESTYLE




Actress Demi Moore has been in the news a fair bit lately, as she reportedly offered to help ex-husband Ashton Kutcher with his newborn baby. How very considerate and yet a little strange! However, what we want to comment on is Moore's amazingly toned physique, which she maintains through regular Pilates workouts and a mostly raw, vegan eating plan. 


The stunning 51-year-old actress discovered the benefits of Pilates during her 40s and has never looked back. Moore used to punish herself daily with 6 plus mile runs (9.6 kilometres). She also regularly lifted weights and did long-distance cycling for up to two hours a day. Since starting Pilates and changing her high-impact workouts to low-impact, Demi's body has become leaner and fitter. 

The age-defying actress knows that a healthy diet must be combined with consistent exercise to maintain her trim physique. Moore follows a mostly raw, vegan eating plan that includes fruit, green juices, smoothies, soups and organic vegetables. Raw food enthusiasts believe that consuming greens, nuts and seeds heated below 118 degrees fahrenheit (47 degrees celsius) preserves the vitamins and minerals in the food. 

Despite her incredible body, Moore has suffered from poor body image for most of her life. "I have had a love-hate relationship with my body. I sit today in a place of greater acceptance of my body. And that includes not just my weight, but all of the things that come with your changing body."

Demi recently revealed in a magazine interview that beauty and being 'thin' never made her feel truly happy. "I had an extreme obsession with my body. I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted, and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness." May this be a mantra for all women to remember! 

Searching for an anti-aging workout that builds lean muscle, strengthens your core and decreases stress? Come try Pilates at Premium Pilates Studio today! We offer Reformer, Pilates Matwork and Total Barre classes. Visit us online by clicking here, email us at inquiries@premiumpilatesstudio.com or call us on 0402 680 724. 

The Premium Pilates team 



Images by http://www.herinterest.com, http://images.fanpop.com/, http://youqueen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment