|   Home   |   The Studio    |   Studio Stories    |   Pilates Press    |   Health & Wellness    |   Nutrition   |

Tuesday 12 July 2016

OUR VERY FIRST TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY - FEATURING ITA







We are so incredibly excited to bring you Premium Pilates' first Transformation Tuesday! This Transformation Tuesday story is all about Ita, a very dedicated and determined client of ours that has been attending the studio for over three and a half years. Ita's strength has improved immensely since she started Pilates with us back in January 2013. Back then Ita had several injuries and started her Pilates journey with very basic, low level exercises on the reformer.  Fast forward to July 2016 and Ita is able to perform advanced Pilates exercises in every bi-weekly Mat-work class she does. Ita also attends bi-weekly Barre classes and her endurance, strength and fitness is off the charts. No new challenging floor exercise or complicated barre movement ever phases this little pocket rocket! 

The physical transformation to Ita's body is definitely noticeable, as she has lost weight and toned her entire body, particularly her upper body. However these physical changes are only one part of Ita's amazing transformation. The improvement to Ita's strength and consequently her now lack of injuries has blown myself and the other instructors away. This woman is DAMN strong!! Keep reading to find out more about Ita's Pilates transformation story in her own words. 


What made you start Pilates back in January 2013?

I had been a regular gym member for approximately 6 years prior but had unfortunately suffered a few injuries due to postural issues I had always had. I was looking to find exercise classes that would not exacerbate those injuries and Pilates was recommended to me by a couple of different people for that reason.


What do you think has kept you so dedicated to Pilates for all this time?

You guys! Well, I guess I’ll take a little credit in that I tend to be a passionate and determined person and when I find something I love then I devote a lot of time and energy to it (truthfully, my friends and family are SICK of hearing me rave on about Pilates but they’re also so happy for me that they put up with it!). But the reason I’m dedicated to Premium Pilates is because Emily and Chris and now all of the other instructors are so positive and supportive and encouraging! I’ve been a member of a few different gyms and also participated in other exercise classes but I have never felt that any of those others really cared about me or my wellbeing the way that you guys do!


How do you feel your body (and mind and life, if applicable) has changed since starting Pilates?

My posture has improved greatly, not to mention how strong I am! I still amaze myself all the time when I try advanced exercises and find I can do it! I’ve toned a lot, particularly my arms and upper body are where it is most noticeable. I had next to no core strength when I started and now I feel much more stable and so much stronger.
Mind and life changes are probably evident in a greater willingness to try new things, thanks to the success I’ve achieved with Pilates, but I think also a much greater appreciation for my body and the amazing things it can do!


Have you changed anything in your life in conjunction with Pilates to achieve your body transformation? (such as, other forms of exercise, a healthier way of eating, etc).

I was conscious of what I ate before starting Pilates. I generally go by the 80/20 rule of eating mindfully 80% of the time but allowing myself to splurge the other 20%. What Pilates has done for me is reinforce WHY I take care of my diet that 80% of the time, it’s so that I can enjoy the results of my hard work in class!!


What is your favourite thing about Pilates / your Pilates practice?

Well again I say you guys! Love how friendly everyone is and that while we come to work out, we can still have a laugh! I honestly feel like the studio is a little community hub and I feel connected not only to the instructors but also ‘regulars’ I see in class often because a lot of us are like-minded in pursuing a happy, healthy life without the ego that you find in some fitness industries.
As far as the exercises go, I love trying to challenge myself and try things I would never have believed possible four years ago!


If you could sum up what Pilates means to you in three words, what would they be?


Fun, challenging, my strength. 


Thanks so much Ita! Stay tuned for the next Transformation Tuesday story everyone! 


To find out more about our studio and how you can begin your own transformation, click here to visit premiumpilatesstudio.com, email inquiries@premiumpilatesstudio.com or call 0402 680 724. 



No comments:

Post a Comment