|   Home   |   The Studio    |   Studio Stories    |   Pilates Press    |   Health & Wellness    |   Nutrition   |

Thursday 27 February 2014

5 REASONS why PILATES MAKES LIFE BETTER


1. Stress Reliever 

Life is stressful and can be challenging at the best of times. We all need to take time out from our day and breathe. It warms my heart when clients come to me and tell me that they love Pilates as it 'is their time' and 'helps with stress'. Pilates focuses on combining movement with breath and correct technique, therefore your brain is captivated and shut off from thinking about your work day or your to-do list. Pilates for me personally is like an escapism of sorts; my mind is solely present on my practice and what exercise I am doing. 


2. Tones like no other 

I've tried my hand at almost every sport and nothing has toned me or made me feel stronger than Pilates. The isolation of muscles each exercise achieves is mind-blowing and can result in very toned abs, butts and thighs. Whilst weight-loss is important to many, I found that whilst I did not physically lose weight when I started regular Pilates, the toning of my muscles made my physique look much slimmer and feel much healthier. 

3. Low impact 

Pilates is very low impact on the body's joints, which is imperative for anyone who has an injury (or injuries). Load bearing exercises are performed safely by the support of the floor or the reformer (or by any type of Pilates equipment you are using to stabilise you). There is no running or jumping involved or any type of movement that puts the joints at risk. 

4. Adaptable 

What I particularly love about Pilates is how anyone can do this type of exercise. We have clients at the studio ranging from 14 years of age up to clients in their 70's. The oldest client so far has been 78 and they did brilliantly! We regularly instruct pre and post-natal women, athletes, students, retirees and people with mild, chronic and debilitating injuries. Almost all Pilates exercises can be adapted to be low level, intermediate and advanced by simple adjustments. Pilates is truly for anyone or everyone (who wants to give it a go). 

5. FUN!

Lastly, but perhaps most importantly to some people, Pilates is a very fun form of exercise. At our studio your Pilates class can be as social as you want, whilst still providing you with a good workout. We know that if exercise isn't enjoyable, clients will not make a commitment to continue coming so we always love to have a laugh and a joke in class. 

Interested in seeing if Pilates makes your life better? Call Premium Pilates Studio today on 0402 680 724 or visit us online at premiumpilatesstudio.com!

x Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment