|   Home   |   The Studio    |   Studio Stories    |   Pilates Press    |   Health & Wellness    |   Nutrition   |

Sunday 23 February 2014

BERRY TOFU SMOOTHIE



This recipe happened by mistake, as I was planning to make a smoothie I had made several times before from a recipe I found on yourdailyshake on instagram (check out this account its amazing! So many mouth-watering smoothies). As I got my blender out and thawed my blueberries I realised that I had no bananas and no avocado, which were key ingredients in the smoothie recipe. Hence the tofu, which you actually cannot taste blended in with the other ingredients. Try it if you can get over the tofu in it! 


INGREDIENTS
  • a large handful of baby spinach, washed
  • 1 cup blueberries, fresh or thawed if frozen
  • 5 tablespoons silken tofu (or around 75 grams)
  • 1 teaspoon maca powder
  • 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
  • 1 cup coconut water or organic apple juice or a combination of both 
  • ice cubes 

PREPARATION

1. Blend all the ingredients in a blender until combined and serve topped with extra blueberries, if desired. Serve immediately in a large glass. 

Serves / 1-2
Total Preparation time / 5 minutes maximum

x Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment