|   Home   |   The Studio    |   Studio Stories    |   Pilates Press    |   Health & Wellness    |   Nutrition   |

Thursday 26 January 2017

RAW SNICKERS SLICE


I love nothing more than experimenting in my kitchen, except when the food is scattered everywhere, the sink overflows and half of the experiment is on the floor and on my clothes. Unfortunately this happens more often than not! But when I construct a recipe and get the ingredients just right I forget about all the chaos. This raw snickers slice has been adapted from a Donna Hay recipe, which I made without much success (don't you just hate that when you follow a recipe to the letter and the end result is not like the picture?!). You can add more coconut oil for a less crumbly base but I like using as little as I can get away with! With a few tweaks here is my take on a healthier version of a snickers! 


INGREDIENTS

  • 300g dried dates, pitted and roughly chopped (Medjool dates will work well too but dried is much lighter on a budget!)
  • 1/3 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter (I make my own from processing unsalted raw peanuts until smooth)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus extra, to brush 
  • 1/3 cup unsalted raw peanuts
  • 1 cup puffed rice
  • 100g 70% dark chocolate, melted

COOKING

1. Combine the dates, peanut butter, vanilla and 1 tablespoon coconut oil into a food processor. Process for a minute or two until a solid paste is formed. If this doesn't happen add one splash of water at a time until the consistency is right. 

2. Add the peanuts and process for a few seconds until they are chopped. 

3. Remove the date mixture from the processor and place in a large bowl, adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and the puffed rice. Stir well to combine. 

4. Lightly brush a 10cm x 20 cm loaf tin with coconut oil and line with baking paper. Firmly press the date mixture into the tin (I use a strong wet spoon to assist with this). Pour the melted chocolate over the base and spread evenly. 

Freeze in the freezer for 20 minutes or until set. I like to freeze the slice as I want to eat it straight away! It can be kept in the fridge or freezer. If you are keeping it in the freezer take it over five minutes before slicing it. 

Enjoy! I bet this slice won't last long in your house! 

x Premium Pilates & Fitness 






No comments:

Post a Comment