|   Home   |   The Studio    |   Studio Stories    |   Pilates Press    |   Health & Wellness    |   Nutrition   |

Wednesday 16 July 2014

DENISE RICHARDS FEELS FITTER AT 43 THAN AT 20, THANKS TO PILATES






Actress and mother Denise Richards looks incredible at 43 years of age, thanks to her hard work ethic and dedication to fitness. Richards does Pilates for one to two hours a day, four to five days a week as well as lifting weights and doing cardiovascular exercise daily with a personal trainer. Denise, who recently posed for Playboy in a diamond encrusted bra, wants to prove to the world that 'mothers can still be sexy'. 

Looking super toned and trim in a bright pink bathing suit, the former Bond girl splashed around in the water with her nine year old daughter at the beach in LA earlier this week. Denise's incredible bikini body looks like a woman's half her age, however Richards insists that she works hard to maintain it. ''I am very active. I found what works for my body - everyone's body is different and I think it's best to find what works for you. For me it's Pilates and dance." The busy mum also swears by eating "little and often" and is known to eat small, healthy meals "all day long". 

Denise cannot rave about her love for Pilates enough. “Pilates is the best. I’ve tried every form of exercise, but Pilates really elongates your muscles. Of course, every girl says they don’t want to build their legs, and this doesn’t build at all. It really lengthens the muscles. I do Pilates a lot. I do Pilates four times a week, I definitely have to work out. I’m not one of those girls that can eat whatever I want and still weigh 100 pounds. Pilates was originally designed for dancers, so you do a lot of plies on the machines. It really works your buns and thighs. It’s great!!”  

"I’ve found that Pilates is the best work-out. And also the elliptical for cardio. When I’m really consistent, I work out on the Pilates Reformer four or five times a week. I found that after having two babies, that was the best exercise for getting back into shape...Pilates was the only workout that made my belly flat again after having two kids. I just love it!'

Denise also reveals that Pilates is only exercise that does not aggravate her lower back. Richards has experienced a great deal of lower back and neck pain when working out in the past, however with the help of consistent Pilates she has been able to strengthen her core and cease this pain. 

Pilates has become a fundamental part of Denise's lifestyle.  “I don’t work out only when I’m preparing for a project or shoot or bikini season. Exercising is part of my routine". 

Want to find an exercise regime that is beneficial to your body? Have a click here to read up on the benfits of Pilates and why everyone under the sun should be doing this type of exercise!! 

Desperate to tone up after having a bub but not sure what exercise will be best for you? Try matwork or reformer Pilates today at Premium Pilates studio! Call 0402 680 724 or visit us online at premiumpilatesstudio.com to enquire today! 

x Premium Pilates Studio




Images by http://www.dailymail.co.uk/, usmagazine.com, starpulse.com, pilatesreformer.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment