|   Home   |   The Studio    |   Studio Stories    |   Pilates Press    |   Health & Wellness    |   Nutrition   |

Wednesday 9 July 2014

VICTORIA SECRET MODEL KARLIE KLOSS SHARES her EXERCISE SECRETS and why she LOVES PILATES




At only 21 years of age Victoria Secret angel Karlie Kloss is ranked 7th out of the top 50 models in the world and is one of Vogue Paris's top 30 models of the 2000's. Kloss stole headlines last year due to her very cute pixie cut, her fashionable style and of course, her toned & trim body! Karlie recently gave an interview where she revealed all her health and fitness secrets, which of course included PILATES

Kloss recently told 'T' magazine that she maintains her physique by exercising at least five days a week, balancing her cardio and strength/weight training. Karlie is a classically trained ballerina and therefore grew up with exercise framing her childhood. The young model loves to workout with friends whenever she can, as this pushes and challenges her. Saying that, Kloss also values working out solo, as she views exercise as "an opportunity to get away from everything and focus on myself.  It keeps me centered, and it’s the one or so hour in my day when I can clear my mind and just focus on movement." 

The sought-old model loves to work out outdoors and takes advantage of the summer weather by going for hikes and bike rides. In chilly New York City in winter, however, Kloss prefers the gym. Karlie says that feeling "strong both physically and mentally" motivates her to stay in shape and keep at her fitness regime. "I exercise to challenge my body to reach new goals. Movement feeds my mind and gives me energy throughout the day."

This Victoria Secret angel has also learnt to exercise incidentally. "I’ve learned that there are so many easy ways to incorporate movement into your everyday life. Instead of taking an escalator, I’ll take the stairs. I try to walk instead of taking the subway or a cab. It’s all about staying in motion." 

When 'T' magazine asked Kloss what exercise regime she prefers with regards to Pilates or Yoga, Karlie was quick to comment. "I enjoy yoga, but I’m a huge Pilates fan. Pilates relies on isolated, controlled movement and has allowed me to build up my core and strengthen my legs and arms." Karlie loves to Instagram evidence of her Pilates workouts whenever she gets a chance! 

The beauty admits that eating healthily plays an enormous role in maintaining her enviable shape. "It’s so important to nurture your body, especially when you’re exercising and moving constantly. Your body needs fuel to stay healthy and strong. Nothing can substitute for a balanced diet." Karlie has even utilised her healthy habits for the greater good! Kloss recently designed dairy and gluten-free cookies for Momofuku Milk Bar. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these cookies is donated to hunger relief. 
Karlie also sets fitness goals for her future and continues to challenge herself. "One fitness and life goal I’ve yet to accomplish is running a marathon. It’s on my bucket list. It is such an amazing accomplishment for the body and mind. You need incredible determination!" 
Looking for a type of exercise that will strengthen and tone your stomach, sides, legs and arms? Want to make exercise and healthy eating a permanent part of your life, like Karlie? Call Premium Pilates Studio today on 0402 680 724 or visit us online at premiumpilatesstudio.com

x Emily 







Images by pop sugar, pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment